Hand blender is a very useful device to have in a kitchen. It can help with so many of your daily blending tasks. It is especially a necessity for those who are a fan of smoothies, milkshakes, soups and sauces. Did you know your hand blender can even whip cream! Now who wouldn’t want to take care of such a magical device? Once you have bought a good quality blender, you will of course want it to serve you for many years before worry of buying a new one. Every product especially electrical appliances need good treatment to stay alive and fully functional longer. However, no need to worry because hand blenders are known for their convenience in cleaning. Here are some steps you need to follow in order to clean your blender:
- Before beginning to clean, remember to unplug the device to eliminate the risks of an electric shock.
- Remove the shaft from the motor unit. Almost every hand blender comes with a detachable shaft. Remover the shaft and wash it with regular dish-wash soap and water.
- If the shaft of your blender along with the mixing bowl is dishwasher safe, your job is particularly easy. You just need to remove all attachments and put them in the dishwasher. If, however, the instruction manual does not say it is dishwasher safe, do not put it in the dishwasher because it will weaken the blades.
- If the shaft has dried food stuck to it, attach it with the motor unit and plug it in. Fill a bowl with hot water and mixed with some dish-wash soap. Immerse your blender in the bowl and turn it on. Blend till the food stain is removed. Turn the bender off and remove the shaft. Rinse it with water.
- Remember not to use pointed or rough objects to clean the blender.
- Try to clean the blender as soon as possible to avoid food from drying on it and making the cleaning process longer and more tedious.
- Do not, in any case, immerse the motor unit in water. If it has food stains, wipe them with a damp cloth and then wipe the whole unit with a dry cloth.
- After you have cleaned it, dry the attachment completely before storing it away.
- Once the attachment is dry, attach it back to the motor unit and store it in a clean, dry, easily accessible place in your kitchen. it is a good practice to store the blender with the shaft attached in place to prevent any of its units from being lost. Kitchenaid hand blender comes with a storage case to keep all the parts organized and well preserved. You can get more top brands of blender at this site Choose Blender.
With proper handling and proper cleaning, good quality hand blenders will serve you for years. When you have spent good money on a high quality blender from a reputable blender, you do not want to spend the same amount of money again and again and you don’t have to. Good care is the key!